Thursday, February 4, 2010

Finding awesomeness in boosters

This past week was a week of change in my vision of MW2. A complete change. Let me explain:

Tuesday: I entered ANOTHER game with boosters in it. Yet it wasn't two. It was 5 in the same free-for-all. I had no clue how one was to pull something like that off. 3 were boosting, and 2 were guarding with claymores. After several angry messages, the main booster (who, my friends, is an absolute visionary) sent my a friend request. I accepted, like I always do (several people I hate are on my FL), and that was all I heard of him that day.

Wednesday: First off, who knows by heart how to spell Wednesday correctly? All the letters are thrown in wierd spots and I had to use spell check to get it right. Whatever. That day, the same person (we'll just call him Big Dog) was online and in a party. For shits and giggles, I joined his party. He explained to me that he thought I was pretty funny and that there was no way I was going to beat him (and there wasn't), but then he explained to me the way he runs his games. I looked at his K/D. It was 1.25. That's insane to me. I looked at his W/L. Also incredible. And then he offered me the privilege of running with his clan in a Team Deathmatch game on Estate. And the final score: 10000 v. 2300, we win. And we absolutely crushed. And most of our players weren't all that great. We just learned how to coordinate advances, hold areas of interest, and counter tricky players. It was an amazing game. We played others after that, but they weren't as good as that was.

Thursday: I find Big Dog once again. And after running a couple more games, I decide to ask how I am to join his clan. I recieved... confusing answers. Big Dog said it was open to all, but he also said that the tests when trying to join are grueling and extremely hard. He also contradicted himself and said that is was very exclusive. I sent in my application anyway, as I find that the way they play is more of a rush then the traditional TD. That way is like free-for-all, only there are designated people that you can't shoot at. No one organizes anything, and no one ever watches each-other's backs. It's uncoordinated, and it's amazing how anyone actually gets shit done that way. But anyway, after that, I didn't hear from him again. And he's no longer on my Friends List, because he only keeps clan members on his list. I'm still hoping this they can respond at all, but it doesn't look good. No worries though, I'll still have another clan to fall back on (however small it may be).

So that's me finding awesomeness in boosters and a possible new clan in two days.

-Christopher

No comments: